GEDC Hosts Governor's Small Business Forum
9 May 2015
Giddings, TX (June 28, 2015) - The Governor's Small Business Forum will be held on Thursday, July 2, 2015, 8am to 2pm at the Landmark Center in Giddings. Registration is $25 per person, tickets in advance at the Giddings Economic Development Corporation or the Giddings Chamber of Commerce. Tickets online $25.26 (includes processing fee). Those interested in registering for the event may do so online at Governor’s Small Business Forum.
Registration includes a continental breakfast, lunch, speakers and exhibitors. For a full agenda, go here
About the Event
Join elected officials, small business owners, industry experts, and our regional partners in economic development for the Governor's Small Business Forum (GSBF) and luncheon to be held in Giddings, Texas at the Landmark Event Center on Thursday, July 2, 2015. Presentations and lunch from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Continental breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee. Registration begins at 7:15 a.m.
The Governor's Small Business Forums are designed to give entrepreneurs and small businesses valuable tools, skills, and knowledge needed to thrive in today’s fast-paced economy. Featuring a wide range of expert speakers, the Forum offers vital information on both public and private resources, and provide participants with a great opportunity to network and connect with industry specialists, government officials, service providers, and other regional businesses.
Attendees will hear from
- Former ESPN host and Texas Rangers Broadcaster Dave Barnett will provide the keynote address, "How Champions Handle Change."
- Representatives from the Texas Economic Development Council, the Texas Workforce Commission, and the Small Business Development Center will discuss resources to help small businesses thrive in a changing economy.
- Chambers' of Commerce in Lee and Fayette Counties will recognize high achieving small businesses during a short awards ceremony.
- Elected officials and industry experts will discuss the impact of fluctuations in the oil and gas industry, and trends impacting the economy.
- Industry experts will provide instructive tips and case studies to enhance participants' efforts at marketing, customer service, and business development.
Sponsors include the Texas Governor's Office, the Texas Workforce Commission, Bluebonnet Electric Co-Op, the Giddings Chamber of Commerce and the La Grange Chamber of Commerce, KTEX Radio and the Fayette County Record. This event is being hosted and partially funded by the Giddings Economic Development, with assistance from the Texas Governor’s Office.
Giddings Economic Development Corporation