The GEDC invests in projects that grow the economy and create jobs in Giddings, Texas. We are aggressively pro-business with a proven track record of helping businesses bring projects in on time and under budget. Click the map below to see the projects we have supported and how they have positively impacted our community.
"Texas cities are clearly the place to be in terms of job creation, wealth formation and overall growth.” – Forbes
The Giddings Economic Development Corporation recognizes the important role our local businesses play in ensuring a strong economy and a vibrant quality of life. As such, the GEDC is dedicated to providing the support and assistance necessary to retain our local businesses and to help them reach their business goals, whether that be expansion of current operations, expansion into new lines of business, business turnaround, or leadership succession.
To stimulate and foster economic growth, the GEDC works in in partnership with state and regional organizations to secure funds for infrastructure development and real estate acquisition, job training, business-critical data, advocacy and expert advising.
In association with our partners in economic development, the GEDC provides the following business development services:
- Financial incentives
- Building Improvement Program
- HR and legislative forums
- Seminars and workshops
- Leadership development, including Leadership Lee County (in partnership with Texas Agriculture Extension Service and the Giddings Chamber of Commerce)
- Lee County Legislative Day at the State Capital in Austin
- Assistance with development and permits,
- Zoning, codes and ordinances (variances)
- Available Sites and Buildings: Commercial, Industrial and Retail
- Maps and Traffic Counts
- Community Profile Demographics including workforce, transportation, education data, wage data and more
- Utility Information
- Coordination between service providers
- Grant writing and implementation
- Marketing assistance and advising
- Business Start-Up advising
Our partners include:
- Giddings Chamber of Commerce
- Blinn College (Campus in Brenham, Sealy, Schulenburg, Bryan)
- Texas Engineering Extension Service
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Texas Governor’s Office of Economic Development and Tourism
- Texas Workforce Commission
- TWC Texas Veterans Leadership Program (TVLP)
- Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)
Small Business Resources
Of particular interest to our small businesses is the Texas State University’s Small Business Development Center at Round Rock, which has resources to assist with launching a small business and to facilitate its growth. Some of their services include:
- Business Information Center (BIC): a free resource available to businesses with 500 or less employees
- Computerized reference library: to assist with research and access to a wide range of professional, technical and financial information. This resource can facilitate locating customers, new suppliers or identifying potentialdiversification in you product line.
- Business Health Checkup Questionnaire
For more information about our business assistance programs, contact the GEDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979.542.2067.
We appreciate your commitment and invest ment in the City of Giddings!