The GEDC invests in projects that grow the economy and create jobs in Giddings, Texas. We are aggressively pro-business with a proven track record of helping businesses bring projects in on time and under budget. Click the map below to see the projects we have supported and how they have positively impacted our community.
Why Giddings? Why Texas?
Highly motivated, capable of providing customized service in a timely manner, and conveniently located in the heart of Central Texas at the crossroads of Highways 290 and 77 between Austin, Houston and College Station, the City of Giddings is dedicated to providing the support and assistance necessary to help you reach your business goals. If you are looking to locate or expand your business in Central Texas, we offer opportunities for grants and other financing, low-cost land, quality customer service, property search assistance, and more.
Giddings is an Opportunity Zone Community.
Texas offers companies of all sizes and across all industries one of the best business climates in the nation,with a fair, transparent tax and regulatory structure designed for businesses to succeed. With no corporate or personal income tax at the state level, companies operating in Texas enjoy one of the lowest overall tax burdens in the country. Texas is committed to maintaining its position as the best state for business, and recently passed legislation providing over $4 billion in tax relief for businesses. Not to mention, Texas is home to one of the largest, most competitive deal-closing funds in the nation, the Texas Enterprise Fund.
Powered by nearly 50 Fortune 500 companies, thousands of international and small businesses, and a diverse, skilled workforce of 14 million, the Texas economy is the 10th largest when compared to the nations of the world. Texas prides itself on being a right-to-work state, and will continue to make strategic investments to ensure it maintains our competitive advantage, allowing businesses to prosper and grow.
Are you one of the following and interested in doing business in Texas?
- Domestic Large Business Owner / Representative (25+ employees)
- Foreign Business Owner / Representative (based outside US)
- Small Business Owner / Representative (less than25 employees)
- Domestic Site Selector
- Foreign Site Selector (based outside US)
Working in partnership with state and regional organizations, the GEDC is capable of assistance with infrastructure development and real estate acquisition, job training, business-critical research, advocacy, and incentives, including gap financing.
Whether your goals include the launch of a new business, expansion of current operations, or expansion into new lines of business, the GEDC is prepared to provide or coordinate the following support:
- Giddings 290 Business Park (5 – 100 acre tracts for sale)
- Financial incentives
- Building Improvement Program
- Supply chain coordination and collaborative incentives
- Lee County Legislative Day at the State Capital in Austin
- Assistance with development and permits,
- Zoning, codes and ordinances (variances)
- Available Sites and Buildings: Commercial, Industrial and Retail
- Maps and Traffic Counts
- Community Profile Demographics including workforce,transportation, education data, wage data and more
- Utility Information
- Coordination between service providers
- Grant writing and implementation
- Business Start-Up advising
Our partners include:
- Blinn College (Campus in Brenham, Sealy, Schulenburg, Bryan)
- Small Business Development Center
- Texas Engineering Extension Service
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Texas Governor’s Office of Economic Development and Tourism
- Texas Workforce Commission
- TWC Texas Veterans Leadership Program (TVLP)
- Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)
State of Texas
- Industry Clusters
- Logistical Heart of North America
- Small Business Programs/ Start a Small Business
For more information about our business assistance programs, contact the GEDC at 979.542.2067 or cell 979-777-7228.
We appreciate your commitment and investment in the City of Giddings!